This is a set of comedy films I directed for Group on
Click on the images to watch the films.
At the time of writing these films have had over 4.5 million views and are being very well received on social media – The client is very happy.
Here is the brief.
3x 30 second videos
With out dialogue for use across EMEA
Highlight the desperate lengths parents go to keep the kids entertained during the summer holidays, via three short ‘fail’ style videos.
Whilst mum entertains the kids, something always hilariously goes wrong (to mummy rather than the kids) as an activity – it’s not because the kids are being naughty or bored, rather it’s naturally gone awry.
Showing things going wrong for mum we ask, Time to get out of the house? and then offer the solution: Groupon. Take the “umm…” out of summer.
· We need to make any scenes work without dialogue so they work across EMEA –
This means physical comedy is key
· We don’t want to make kids look like they’re naughty, or be disparaging about things mum would do at home –
The scene needs to fail because of innocent or external circumstances
· Our actors need to look ethnically ambiguous
- Film starts with ‘entertaining the kids gone wrong’ scenario
- Set the scene
- Funny circumstance and punchline relating to mum
- Scene of the ‘pay off’
- Green flash screen with text:Time to get out of the house?
- Cuts to Groupon clip of generic Groupon Big Days Out activity
- Play-out scene with mum, as text appears over the top:
Groupon Big Days Out. Take the “umm…” out of summer.